/>

November 18, 2015

Blogger Positivity Campaign | Introduction


We all have trouble being positive sometimes. Even us, the mighty book bloggers, are not immune to bad days.

The wonderful and thoughtful Jillian over at Jillian's Books has notices (along with many other people in our community, whether you want to admit to it or not) has noticed a lack of positivity in our community. Many amazing bloggers have gone on break or just stopped blogging entirely. The people that are left are losing steam, either due to lack of motivation, ideas, or just time. The drama has been plaguing us non-stop.

The goal of this campaign is to bring the confidence, happiness, and motivation back into our community. This is the shot of espresso that our community needs until it can learn to stay up on its own.

So, I am going to try to lift your spirits and remind all of you that blogging is worth the struggle, the long hours, the creativity, and the effort. But first, it might have you to know a little bit more about me.


One of the things that I like to do when the blogging blues have got me down is remember why I started blogging in the first place. I mean, I did not just wake up one day and make a blog. I deliberated with my best friends and we decided to make a blog together. Originally, it was a way for us to make something together and build our friendship. Unfortunately, both of my friends, if you have been following me for a while you know them as Max and Cassia, have pretty much fallen off of the blogging grid. They still appear every once in a while, but I am mostly going solo nowadays. But that does not bother me, since I have found new friends to blog with. I have met so many amazing, wonderful, and kind bloggers and created relationships that have kept me going through the tough times. 


I am very thankful for my blogging friends, especially since the blogosphere has gone through this depression. In my humble opinion, there is too much drama and not enough support. Countless bloggers are feeling as if their blogging spark is going out, with many just quitting altogether. I firmly believe that this could be prevented with more friendship, kindness, and support from our community. 


Random Facts about Me
1. I love playing tennis.
2. I enjoy singing and listening to music, even thought my voice is not exactly music worthy.
3. I have a special love for journalistic writing.
4. Puns are my favorite kind of joke. 
5. My nails are always painted. It might seem weird, but I love painting my nails.

Sometimes, I also like to look back and see what books I have loved and have inspired me to help me on my blogging journey. There is nothing better than re-reading one of your favorite books to get you out of a reading slump or back into the blogging mood!

I have read and loved A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas, A Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor, The Burning Sky by Sherry Thomas, and A Darker Shade of Magic by V. E. Schwab. I promise that any of these books will immediately lift your spirits and make you excited about reading again!

My final advice for getting out of a blogging/reading/life slump is to visit your favorite blogs (or discover some new favorites! You can talk with your favorite bloggers and I know that they will do everything possible to put a smile on your face. 

1. Roberta @ Offbeat YA

Roberta is one of the first bloggers to reach out to me and talk to me about things besides books (We have some pretty intense conversations about Supernatural). She is awesome, honest, and will always be able to put a smile on your face.


Erin is one of the first bloggers that I followed. Her blog helped me shape my own voice. She is also extremely nice, creative, and kind. 

3. Claire @ Cover to Cover

I met Claire during a Twitter chat a while ago, and like they say, the rest is history. We have talked a lot and shared the wonders and woes of blogging. She is super sweet and has some pretty awesome puns too!

4. Jessica @ Bookish Serendipity 

Jessica is one of the most motivated and creative bloggers that I have met. She has helped me with some of my projects, and I have helped her with a couple of her projects too. She never runs out of ideas and loves to help others. 

5. Jillian @ Jillian's Books

And of course, Jillian had to be on the list. No, this is not me sucking up to her, we really have been blogging buddies. I remember her comments from when my blog was tiny and unorganized and kind of neglected (even more than it is now). She is kind, creative, considerate, and just generally AWESOME!

I hope we have a great campaign together! Feel free to join in however you want! 

I am going to leave you will one of the most inspirational videos I could find on short notice......


How do you feel about the state of the blogging community? What do you think we can do to fix it? Are you participating in the campaign? What are some random facts about you? What do you do when you are in a slump? If so, leave your links below and I will spread the love! 

No comments:

Post a Comment