/>

November 18, 2014

BookBlogWriMi | Our Favorite Subgenres


Welcome to Day 18 of BookBlogWriMo!

This post is for the misfits. The books that do not really fit into any category, so we take pity on them and give them their own subgenre. 

Today's topic is...

Our Favorite Subgenres

Max

1. Paranormal-esque or Fantasy Romance. When done well, these can be fantastic. I agree that it's been a very overdone trend, but things become popular for a reason, you know?

2. Light contemporaries. There will always be a time and place for fluffy and cutesy books in my heart.

Tessa

1. Retellings. This is by far my favorite subgenre. I am a firm believer that everyone should have a chance at a happily ever after. There is no better way to experience this than through fairytale retellings. Honestly, most of my favorite books are retellings, like Cinder by Marissa Meyers and The Looking Glass Wars by Frank Beddor. I love how authors can take a story that everyone thinks they know and completely rewrite it into a book if its own.

What is your favorite subgenre? Do you also like retellings and contemporaries?

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, I do like retellings! The most recent one that I read and loved is "The Madman's Daughter" by Megan Shepherd.

    ~ Cate

    ReplyDelete