/>

July 24, 2014

Liebster Award!


We were nominated for the Liebster Award!

*Applause*

Thanks from all of us to Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books for nominating us.

Also, thanks to all of the great book bloggers out there who inspired us to make our own!

The Liebster Award was created to promote new bloggers and create friendships between bloggers. "Liebster" actually means "dearest" in German, for those language addicts out there.

Here are the rules:

1. Thank and link back to the blogger who nominated you (see above).
2. Display the award on your blog with pride (see the sidebar).
3. Write 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Answer the 10 questions from the blogger who nominated you.
5. Nominate 5-11 blogs who you think are awesome. Email or comment on their blog so they know they were nominated.
6. Make a list of 11 questions for the people you nominated to answer.

Since our blog is run by three individual people, we will have to do this a little differently. Tessa's answers will be in pink. Max's answers will be in purple. Cassia's answers will be in green.

Random Facts (emphasis on the random)
1. I'm double-jointed, so I can bend my elbows and knees backwards.
I used to play soccer until I realized that there is more to it than just not using your hands.
I love horses.
2. I can fit a whole Rice Krispies treat in my mouth (I know, my mom is so proud).
I love journalism.
I have never had a Jolly Rancher until about a week ago (it was awesome).
3. I cannot cook at all, but I'm slowly getting better. Slowly.
I am the only writer on this blog who can actually cook.
My definition of cooking and my ability is sticking something in the microwave and hope it doesn't blow up (it has happened before).
4. I'm a super picky eater.
The library is my sanctuary.
I like to read in the middle of nowhere, preferably mountains in the middle of nowhere.
5. I'm a huge procrastinator.
 I have never had Starbucks coffee. 
I play the viola.
6. I spend waaaay too much time on the internet.
I am trying to learn how to play the piano.
I take pride in answering all of Tessa's questions with quotes from musicals and having her slap me.
7. I have a twin sister and two younger brothers.
I love to sing, but I refuse to do so in front of other people.
I am the band geek that's not in band. So a music geek in general.
8. I've been told I tell the worst jokes ever.
I love doing volunteer work, especially at my local library.
 I hate when people mispronounce words like "library."
9. I'm a huge klutz.
I have the cutest dog in the world (she is a jug, a mix of a jack russel and a pug).
I will correct your grammar, whether I know you or not, even though I may not use correct grammar myself.
10. Iway ancay eakspay igpay atinLay.
Yo hablo espanol.
I am fluent in the language of music and musical geeks. Let's all just take a moment to say, "It's okay Erik! You can have me instead!" 
11. I'm really glad I don't have to think of any more random facts now.
I am excited that our blog has grown so much.
 I like to text in all caps when I'm excited and with about 100 punctuation marks. My reaction to Tessa texting me that we were nominated for this was "WHAT????????"
Rachel's Questions

If you could marry any YA character, who would it be?
Will Herondale, obviously
Oh geez, just one? I'll take Percy Jackson, please.
Tessa took mine. Can we repeat answers? Definitely Will Herondale.



Why did you start book blogging?
I wanted to share my love of reading and become closer with my friends, Max and Cassia.
I've always really loved to read, and one day we all just kind of realized we had a lot to say about books and could share these thoughts with you, dear inhabitants of the internet.
I saw The YA Sisterhood blog and I wanted to do what they did. And because I love to read; all three of us do, and I couldn't think of a better way to spend time with them.

What is the first YA book you read?

The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe is the first one on my Goodreads, so I am going with that.
The first actual novel I've ever read was Harry Potter, and I have no idea about YA.
Umm the first YA book...either The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins or Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr. I forget which came first. 

Favorite author?
John Green.
I've got too many. 
Melissa Marr.

Favorite tv show?

I do not regularly follow any TV shows.
I don't watch too much TV.
I only really follow Duck Dynasty, so...

Favorite food?
Any kind of dessert.
My favorite food kind of comes in phases. I usually like anything chocolate.
Anything that involves peanut butter and chocolate.

iPad or Kindle?
I do not have either of them (I know, I am a bit old fashioned).
I have a Kindle.
I also have a Kindle.

Favorite chocolate?
Any.
Milk.
With peanut butter.

What are your hobbies? (Besides reading, of course)
I love playing tennis and writing, especially blogging.
I also like to blog, play tennis, listen to music, and knit.
Playing my viola, trying to play the piano, listen to music, and blogging.

Favorite classic?
Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen
Emma by Jane Austen
Les Miserables by Victor Hugo



Our Nominations

Georgia at The Books Bandit
Algel at Tea-rrific Reads

Questions to our Nominees
1. If you were a fruit, which would you be and why?
2. What was the first book you've ever read? If you can't remember, what book has had the biggest impact on your life or on you?
3. If you could be a character in any book, who would you be?
4. If you could save the life of any character, who would it be?
5. What kind of music do you like to listen to?
6. What book world would you live in?
7. Most accurate book-to-movie adaptation?
8. What inspired you to blog? 
9. What is your favorite color?
10. Library or bookstore?



1 comment: