/>

June 12, 2014

Sweet Summer Read-a-Thon Day #3

The third day of the Sweet Summer Read-a-Thon hosted by The Book Tower has ended. We are already almost halfway through the week, and it has been grueling. Nothing is more difficult than reading all day long. But somehow we are still alive and reading.













Max
 
Books Started: The Art of Lainey by Paula Stokes
Books Finished: The Art of Lainey by Paula Stokes
Pages Read: 364
Impressions: While a bit predictable, The Art of Lainey was adorable and loads of fun--it was exactly like reading a chick flick! The dialogue was great, the characters and relationships between the characters were really solid, especially the friendships, and I enjoyed it a lot!
Frustrations: Sometimes I thought Lainey was a little bit self-centered, more than a little bit shallow.
Challenges Completed: Read more than 200 pages a day.
 Spell It Out Challenge hosted by The Book Tower.
 
Total Books Finished: 3
Total Pages Read: 672
 
Tessa
 
Books Started: Dangerous by Shannon Hale
Books Finished: None
Pages Read: 321
Impressions: Dangerous is a promising book. It has been a long time since I have read a book with actual science to back up the technology that the author creates. Call me a nerd, but I love the explanations of the science in a book's world-- it makes the book seem more realistic.
Frustrations: Why did I pick such long books?
Challenges Completed: Read 200 pages a day.
 Spell It Out Challenge hosted by The Book Tower.
 
Total Books Finished: 1
Total Pages Read: 920 (at least I am still winning here)
 
Cassia
 
Books Started: City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
Books Finished: The One by Kiera Cass
Pages Read: 196
Impressions: I loved loved LOVED the end of The One! You thought it was going to end, and then she threw in another plot twist. It was nerve-racking and thrilling and ahhhh it was just awesome. And, umm, I guess this goes here, but for those of you who have read The Infernal Devices...
"Just because you call an electric eel a rubber duck doesn't make it a rubber duck, does it? And God help the poor b****** who decides they want to take a bath with the duckie."
~Jace
That made me happy. :D
Frustrations: Why do I keep watching the movies for books? The City of Bones movie is so different from the book and I keep finding myself picturing scenes from the movie instead of how they are in the book (because we all know the movie people screwed it up). Therefore, I have decided that when I re-read books after I watched the movie, I am keeping it separate from the movie.
Challenges Completed: Get to the end of The Selection series quickly. And try to like Jace a little bit more. (Yes, it's true. But I think it's more of a tortured soul kind of thing.)
 
Total Books Finished: 2
Total Pages Read: 556


1 comment:

  1. Great job all three of you.
    I just finished reading The Art of Lainey as well and really enjoyed it. I'm also hoping to read The One this month.
    I've never heard of Dangerous before, but I have read a book by Shannon Hale before.

    ReplyDelete