/>

June 1, 2014

Heist Society by Ally Carter

Heist Society (Heist Society, #1)Heist Society


Author: Ally Carter
Series: Heist Society #1
Release Date: February 9, 2010
Pages: 287
Review by: Max

Katarina Bishop is not your average private school girl--she's kind of sort of a thief. But Katarina Bishop is also not your average thief--she's one of the best.

At least, she had been, and she had been hoping things would stay that way (a.k.a. normal) until her (ex) co-conspirator shows up to bring her back into the world she had been trying so hard to forget.

And Kat finds out it's her father that's in danger from something he didn't do, she has no choice. She has to attempt the biggest, riskiest job the world has ever seen to save him, something that's never been done before, in two weeks and with a teenage crew. All the while, dealing with family and boy problems.

Huh. Maybe she is just a teenager after all.



Heist Society was a  lot of fun. I've never read anything by Ally Carter before, but I've already got the sequel to this on hold at the library for me.

Katarina was a very enjoyable narrator. I myself can't really personally relate to her lifestyle, considering the fact that I am not anything close to some sort of criminal, but I understood all of her motives and thoroughly enjoyed her sassiness. And even considering the fact that she was a very talented criminal, I never really thought her to be a bad person. Which was cool.

I also liked the rest of her crew. Hale, the aforementioned billionaire ex-co-conspirator, was my favorite and I really liked reading about his relationship with Kat. Also included in the title Heist Society was Kat's cousin, Gabrielle, who she doesn't quite get along with but was interesting, to put it lightly, and the two British brothers who had a little run-in with a nun a while back. Every crew of this variety needs a computer genius, named Simon, in this case, and last (and sort of least) is the new kid Nick, who excels in pickpocketing and overall being an awkward sort of mysterious.

Doesn't it just sound like a fun bunch?

The plot wasn't predictable, as I admittedly thought it was going to be, and it reminded me of, in an odd sort of way the movie Now You See Me, which I really liked. It was more of a fun plot as opposed to an edge of the seat sort of plot, and as a whole was definitely a fun, cute little teen book instead of something serious. It could still be wholeheartedly enjoyed, I believe.

Fly on,
Max

No comments:

Post a Comment