/>

May 16, 2014

The Friday 56 #2


The Friday 56
This is a weekly meme hosted over at Freda's Voice.

The rules are simple-- grab the book you are currently reading and turn to page 56 (or 56% of your e-reader). Then copy a few sentences and post them.

These are the books we are currently reading and a snippet of page 56.


The Here and Now
Max's
The Here and Now by Ann Brashares
" 'I think that's wise, Prenna.' He says that a lot. I used to think he simply meant I was being wise. By now I know he means If we find you talking to that man again, you will be sorry."

The Unbound (The Archived, #2)


Tessa's

The Unbound by Victoria Schwab
"'Yeah,' I say, my voice a little shakier than I'd like, as I cast another glance and the photo.
You and I are not so different."
 







Cassia's

The Selection by Kiera Cass
"Mom screamed by my ear, and May jumped up, sending popcorn everywhere."

7 comments:

  1. All three excerpts grabbed me, but I'm most intrigued by Max's. Now that she's found out what is really meant by "that's wise," what will she do with that knowledge?
    Here's the link to my Friday post: DARLIN' IRISH.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great post! I'll have to add it to my--very heavy--pile of books to read. I love historical fiction; thank you for sharing!
      Cassia

      Delete
  2. I love all three of your teasers, I have all 3 books on my TBR pile so these make me want to read them asap.

    Thanks for stopping by my Friday 56
    -Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the quotes are superb, and the one for Unbound (and the cover) makes me want to add to my TBR list. :O) Visiting from Friday 56.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked all 3 56's! I hope to read them all!

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always wanted to read an Ann Brashares book. Is it good?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't what I was expecting, but I still think it was really interesting, and worth checking out.

      Delete